Future Founders is excited to announce a new role that will support the execution of our youth entrepreneurship programming: Marketing & Events Coordinator.
The Marketing & Events Coordinator will work across our two divisions: “elementary to high school” and “college” to expand the scope and impact of our work. The Coordinator will oversee the Future Founders brand experience, ensuring our communications and activities promote the organization and our work. The Coordinator will be our master storyteller - capturing and sharing content that promotes Future Founders and highlights our students.
The Coordinator will have two main roles:
- MARKETING – The Coordinator will build campaigns - locally and nationally - to market Future Founders and our talented young entrepreneurs. This includes management of the Future Founders website, newsletters, and all social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn). In addition, he/she will be responsible for developing video content to highlight our work.
- EVENTS – The Coordinator will oversee Future Founders’ largest event of the year - the U.Pitch National College Elevator Pitch Competition & Showcase held each November. In addition, s/he will work with program staff to manage all events for our Discover, Ignite, Residency and Fellowship programs.
The Marketing & Events Coordinator should expect a dynamic work environment that requires learning, creativity and producing fast, high-quality results. Organization skills and the ability to manage many projects are essential for success.
In addition, the Marketing & Events Coordinator will assist with:
- STRATEGY – Provide guidance to senior leadership on enhancing and expanding Future Founders.
- FUNDRAISING – Work with the senior leadership team to secure new funding for the organization.
- NETWORKING – Attend events in the community during the day and after work to expand the Future Founders network.
- OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED – We run like a startup, so you need to have a “can do” attitude and be ready to pitch in when needed. You must be entrepreneurial, have the ability to multi-task and take the initiative to advance the program. The Coordinator will also assist the team with other organizational activities.
Reports to: President & CEO
Type of Employment: Full Time Position
Start Date: March 1, 2018; Application Deadline: January 22, 2018
Location: Future Founders is headquartered at 1871 (222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 1212, Chicago, IL 60654). The role includes flexibility, with the Marketing & Events Coordinator working at 1871, in the community and remotely.
- College graduate with a major in entrepreneurship, business, communications, or technology and/or who has started a business.
- 1-2 years of experience in a business environment, preferably working in a startup or with entrepreneurs.
- Experience creating compelling content across various channels (websites, social media, videos and newsletters).
- Enjoy working with entrepreneurs and students of all ages (middle school, high school and college), especially with students from underserved areas.
- Have an understanding of the entrepreneurial community.
DESIRED BACKGROUND, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Possess a tremendous passion for inspiring young business leaders.
- Interest in entrepreneurship, startup marketing and the city’s startup scene.
- Possess strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have the demonstrable experience, professional credibility and personal attributes necessary to forge productive relationships with people inside and outside the organization.
- Capable of high levels of program development, event planning, marketing and social media.
- Ability to work well in teams and independently.
- Coachability and the drive to learn and grow.
- Demonstrate initiative for assignments and be a self-starter.
- Capable of multi-tasking, prioritizing work and meeting deadlines.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Technology-oriented with advanced aptitude in the Google suite, Wordpress, Mailchimp, Photoshop/Canva, social channels and video editing software.
- Have a valid driver’s license in the United States.
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 40 pounds without assistance.
- Desire to have fun while making a difference in the lives of youth.